NEW! Getting The Most Out Of Your Session
On this page, you'll find various tips and resources to help you get the most out of your sessions...from scheduling and preparing, to insurance and follow-up. The goal here is for you to have the best healing experience, and the best value for your hard-earned dollars.
About my hours...
My schedule is an ever-evolving thing, and I love that! While for convenience, I post fixed hours on my website and on MassageBook, my schedule shifts and morphs to accommodate client needs. I don’t work on Fridays or Saturdays, but on Sunday – Thursday, if there’s a time that you’d like to come, but it never seems to be available, please let me know. As an example, for years, no one has ever been interested in coming before 10:00 AM, so that’s been my start time. And many people wanted to come in the evening, so I’ve worked late. In recent months however, there’s been a dramatic shift toward earlier appointments, so I’ve started as early as 8:30 AM. Not so much interest in the evenings anymore, so sometimes I close up shop earlier. It’s all good…change is good, and I’m happy to offer you that flexibility.
NEW! Booking on short notice!
If you're using MassageBook to schedule your appointments, did you know that you can book as late as just 6 hours before your desired appointment time? That comes in handy when you find yourself in pain in the middle of the night! And if you need to book on even shorter notice, you're welcome to call or text me any time after 8:00 AM and I'll do my best to accommodate.
MassageBook!! Helpful tips for online scheduling
You'll always be welcome to call, text, or email me to schedule an appointment. But if you’d prefer online scheduling, just click www.massagebook.com/me/susan-mathason to go directly to my page…way easier than searching for me on the MassageBook home page.
Creating your MassageBook profile
- The first time that you visit MassageBook to schedule online, you'll be prompted to create a profile, which involves sharing only your name and email address, and setting a password. If you already have a MassageBook profile from scheduling with another practitioner or clinic, you’re all set.
- Existing clients: You’ll need to use the same email address via which you’re reading this email.
- New clients: You can see my available appointment times, but you’ll need to contact me directly to schedule your first appointment. Why? Because I want to make sure that my service offerings will be the best fit for your needs.
- You’ll then be able to see my calendar and select the date/time that works best for you. Please plan on a 90 minute session for your first visit. After that, you can choose 60, 75, or 90 minute sessions.
- MassageBook can be a bit temperamental and sometimes, it won’t let people book or it tells them I’m all booked up. If that happens, please just take a look at my calendar and text/email me with the appointment time you’d like.
And of course, you'll always be welcome to simply call, text, or email me to schedule your appointment.
Appointment reminder emails and texts
- As soon as you schedule your appointment, either online or directly with me, you’ll receive an automated confirmation email from MassageBook.
- The day before your appointment, you’ll receive an automated reminder email from MassageBook.
- Also on the day before your appointment, you’ll receive a personal reminder text directly from me, asking you to reply yes to acknowledge.
- A few hours before your appointment, you’ll receive an automated reminder text from MassageBook.
Please DO NOT REPLY to any reminder emails/texts coming from MassageBook. Please contact me directly or login to your MassageBook account with any concerns.
Tips for getting the most out of your sessions
- It sounds silly, but write your check/count out your cash/select your credit card before you head over to my office. And take a look at your calendar to get an idea of when you might like to come back. Why? Because at the end of a session where you’ve moved into a deep state of relaxation, simple tasks such as these can leave you befuddled. After I’ve received treatment, my brain feels like yummy, gooey pudding, so I try to take care of these tasks in advance.
- Arrive early enough to sit in your car for a few minutes before your appointment. Use this time to begin your transition from the outside world into your personal “healing space”. Reply to those last few texts and then silence your phone. Jot your last few memos. Sip some water. Take a few cleansing breaths and begin to notice how you feel in this moment. This will give you a head start on relaxing and healing.
- Pay and reschedule at the beginning of your session, if you prefer, so that you can stay in your "healing space" right through the end of your time here.
- Reserve your favorite time by scheduling several appointments in advance.
Receipts, receipts, receipts...
As I’m becoming more tech savvy (woo hoo!), as in using MassageBook for scheduling and PayPal as a payment option, and more insurance savvy, this means potentially three receipts hitting your inbox. Not to worry though…you have options!
- MassageBook receipt: By default, you’ll receive a MassageBook receipt after each appointment, confirming the service received and your payment method. Just let me know if you’d prefer not to receive these receipts.
- PayPal receipt: When you pay with a credit/debit card, HSA/FSA card, you’ll be given the option at the time of payment to receive a receipt via email, text, or no receipt.
- Insurance receipt: If you’ll be submitting a claim to your insurance company, please ask me for an insurance receipt, which will contain the information requested by most companies.
Insurance…I want you to get reimbursed!
I do not accept insurance. Full payment must be made at the time of service, but I can provide you with a receipt to submit to your insurance company.
Clients and I have been on a team odyssey to get more of my services covered by health insurance. Thanks to all of you who are working tirelessly on this! Here is some of what we’ve learned…
- The more people who submit claims for a particular service, the more likely it seems to be reimbursed. I initially approached numerous health insurance companies to start the process of becoming an approved provider, and boom, none of them were interested. But as soon as clients started submitting claims for my services, the insurance companies became more willing to at least communicate with me.
- Each insurance company has different requirements as to what information the receipt you submit must contain. So each time you share with me what your insurance company is demanding, I add that as a line item on my receipt form to give you better odds of being reimbursed. I will gladly revise and re-send you a receipt containing any additional information that is required.
- Ask your doctor or referring practitioner for a prescription for CranioSacral therapy for your condition, and submit that along with my receipt to your insurance company.
- Share with me the ICD diagnosis code from your doctor or referring practitioner. As a massage therapist, I’m prohibited from diagnosing any condition, so it's very helpful if you can provide me with the ICD code and name and title of the doctor/practitioner who generated it. I will then add that info to your receipt. If it's not possible for you to obtain an ICD code, I can utilize a generic ICD code that coordinates with the type of pain you're experiencing.
I welcome any insights that you have to share about what has/hasn’t worked in your efforts to get reimbursement for services such as mine. You’ll be helping more people than you can possibly imagine. Treatments such as CranioSacral therapy can have immeasurable benefits, so you and others deserve reimbursement for it!
Noticings Form - Here's a form to use for tracking the effects of a session with me, or with any other practitioner. It empowers you to notice how you're really doing, and can help you to get the most out of each treatment. Capture your noticings with a comment, emoji, or 0-10 rating scale. Do whatever resonates with you, since this form is for YOU!
Click here for a PDF version: Noticings Form
Contact Susan for a free, editable Excel version: email@example.com
Energetic Emergency Card - Here's a printable, customizable card to pull out when you're feeling energetically depleted. Click here:
Check back here often for updates!
HOURLY FEE: $90 per hour - NO TIPPING
NEW CLIENTS: Please call, text, or email Susan to schedule an appointment.
EXISTING CLIENTS: Now you can schedule online at www.massagebook.com/me/susan-mathason
And of course, you're always welcome to call, text, or email Susan to schedule an appointment.
Evening and Sunday appointments are available. Enjoy your bodywork session in a quiet and totally private setting in Susan's Columbia, MD office. Contact Susan for address.
Susan Mathason, LMT
Call or text: 443-538-4858 firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.facebook.com/SusanMathasonLmt/